Prospective candidates who wish to register for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) External are hereby informed that registration for the examination has commenced. The registration is both offline and online.
Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website http://www.neco.gov.ng. SSCE External link and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can create account, purchase registration quota and then proceed to any reputable Cybercafé for biometric and completion of registration.
• Passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have white background System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration as the case may be.
• BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
• CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
• CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGER PRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAW
5. Civic Education
6. Christian Religious Studies
8. Data Processing
10. English Language
11. Financial Accounting
13. Further Mathematics
17. Health Education
20. Islamic Studies
24. Physical Education
27. Store Keeping
28. Technical Drawing
Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hansa, Igbo and Yoruba) include Literature component
10. GENERAL INFORMATION
i. The Registration fee, once paid, is non-refundable.
ii. WALK IN CANDIDATES can now register Six (6) hours to the Subject they intend to write.
iii. EXAMINATION CENTRE CANNOT BE EDITED after upload.
iv. Candidates or cybercafé operators should carefully follow the SSCE External link on http://www.neco.gov.ng for instructions on the registration procedure before embarking on the registration exercise.
v. The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. Candidates should ensure that they cross-check all entries made by cyber cafes on their behalf, in the offline application before allowing the data to be uploaded online. Note: there is only one chance for correction once the candidate’s data is uploaded online.
vi. Candidates are entitled to ONE-TIME CORRECTION with a validity period of TWO WEEKS after upload.
- a. complete change of name will not be entertained.
- b. ONLY ONE out of these two: NAME (either Surname, First name or middle name) OR PASSPORT can be corrected in addition to other registration data.
vii. Candidates should study the Rules & Regulations as well as the Syllabus before the Examination.
viii. Candidates should note that the photograph uploaded during the registration will be embossed on their Certificates.
ix. Candidates would be informed about the viability of their centres at least a day before the date of the Examination.
x. Smoking, bringing into the Examination Hall Electronic Communication Gadgets (Programmable Calculators, Mobile Phones, iPad, Tablets, Smart Wrist Watches/Glasses/Pens Etc) is strictly prohibited.
xi. Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms
xii. Multiple registration is not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
xiii. Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into the Examination Hall after the commencement of Examination.